Saturday, August 15, 2009

Digital NZ

There is just so much stuff out there. Without spending hours or days, even longer, reading it all I am just not going to ever be able to keep up with it all. Digital NZ is a fab concept but I wonder if it is going to fly. Hope so. Thinking out loud I think this right now (this could change)

1. I am very much out of my librarian roots and have almost forgotten how to do a search
2. In the last 3 years that I have been off the front line things have REALLY changed
3. The role of libraries and librarians to help individuals to navigate the Internet and the Web is very real and a great opportunity
4. I am guessing very few people really get how much stuff is there and to what depth and breadth. thinking about this, I think books and trad libraries also housed a lot of secret stuff but there is much much more now and you just can't see it.
5. I think I will have a look through a whole of places and things and then make a little cluster of sites and services that will most suit my needs and interests and really get to know them.
6. Don't like Stumbleupon at the moment. two reasons - I don't like the way it looks and I can't remember my bloody password. I will, however, pop back one day and have another go.
7. There are tonnes of forums out there with lots of interesting opinion that could be useful to people in places like councils and government. Is someone trawling around looking for stuff or do these forums sit there as a 12C talkback mechanism? Bit of a rhetorical question.
Tired

END!

No comments: