Sunday, February 19, 2006

Hot flash holidays

I have just waded my wau through this book. Here is the entry from the library catalogue.
Title:
Hot flash holidays : a novel / Nancy Thayer.
Author:
Thayer, Nancy, 1943-
Summary:
A gathering of the members of the Hot Flash Club at The Haven, an exclusive spa, is turned upside down when Shirley announces her new financial partnership with a much younger boyfriend.

Nancy Thayer is a long time favourite author of mine. I started reading her books about 20 years ago and loved her writing. Now I am a bit over her because the books seem so ordinary. I am not sure if it was me as a younger person being more impressed by others lives and writing or whether she was a better writer then. Anyway, her earlier titles are much better so if you are interested in reading her, get some of her old titles they are much better than this one.

It was perfectly fine but nothing to rave about.

No comments: