Friday, February 24, 2006

Vanishing Acts

A colleague and I were talking about Jodi Picoult the other day and both admitted that we had not read her books because we are book snobs. I ended up reading 'My sisters keeper' because it was in my book group and everyone was raving so I secumbed and I loved it. I read it in no time flat and cried alot.

I enjoyed Vanishing acts although I found it a little little samey but still a good story. She seems to like putting forward a scenario that has several aspects and makes you challenge your own prejudices and explores those through the characters. I read it in 4 days and enjoyed it as a casual read. Wouldnt want to read more than one of her novels a year.

If you click on her name you can go to her website and find out all about this book, Jodi and her other titles.

Vanishing acts : a novel / by Jodi Picoult.
Author:
Picoult, Jodi, 1966-
Publisher:
New York : Atria Books, 2005.

1 comment:

homemade said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I love the Ranksome illustrations and stories so much too and I am fascinated by your mother in law being an inspiration for a character.
Where did they live?
With fond wishes Ros