Thursday, July 23, 2009

Up in the clouds

It is always sunny above the clouds. I have really enjoyed being 'In the Cloud' and realise that I have been floating around in it for awhile without knowing it. I loved the discussion on the advantages and disadvantages of cloud computing and as a business I guess you would have to think hard about how you would use a Cloud platform in your business. Advantages are huge but the big question mark would have to be about security and sustainability.

Google Docs, Zoho, Calendar - pretty basic but with some cool applications and uses. Poor jeremy was doing free interent testing in the room with me so now has to be a collaborator on one of my documents. I used my weekend to do list from Google Docs and dropped it in to my Google Calendar.

WorldCat is fantastsic but I dont have time right now to get involved. It reminds me of LibraryThing in some ways but I can see it is totally addictive for library heads. I bet Paul Sutherland loves it. Yet another log in to remember.

Discovered in Google reader that my 'blogs that I follow' from my two blogs were just sitting there waiting to be read in a list format. Very cool. I copied and pasted a recipe from one of my favourite blogs into wordle becasue it is so cool. Something I did the other day but forgot to save. I am totally connected to myself in every way. I can't get away from me. Not sure if that is good or bad. That is not a question, don't answer. Also found some old Picassa photos that I had forgotten I had saved. Think it is time to get out my broom and have a wee clean up in my cloud. There is a lot of random stuff floating around out there.

This post was written and saved in Google Docs and cut and paste into by blog....

Coffee time

No comments: